Tuesday, May 3, 2011

secret.


My heart swells when I look at you
I see the future in your eyes
I am warm when I’m with you
I love the way you feed me lies.

I’m gullible. I believe people too easily. I see the good in everyone, and I give out second chances like a contagious cold flowing through a kindergarten class. I tell myself time and time again that I need to be more guarded. Put myself first. Don’t give in.

I get walked on, stomped on. I am not a welcome mat. I am not a welcome mat. So why do people walk all over me? I let them.

I let people in too easily. Secretly, I just want everyone to love me.

2 comments:

dys·func·tion said...

OMG IT'S NOT A SECRET! I WANT PEOPLE TO LOVE ME TOO! I USED TO BE SUCH A MAT ARGHHHH!

If it's any consolation, I love you! <3

rapunzel_jo said...

Nope, not a secret...I am such a welcome mat at times...I want peopleto love me too. *Sigh*